[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 11:34:39 CDT 2016

Namaste Raviji,

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Ravi Kiran <ravikiranm108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, even in deep-sleep, the experience of happiness is only recalled/
>> recollected on waking. It is not really experienced on waking. The tarka
>> used there is that what is collected alone can be recollected, so the
>> recollected happiness was collected during sleep via experience. So too in
>> NS, experienced during NS, recalled after NS.
>>

> Yes, since, in deep sleep, there is no experience of anything ..(eki
> bhUtha)

If you say yes and then say there is no experience in deep sleep, then it
is not a yes, since I am saying that deep sleep happiness is experienced
during deep sleep. It is only recalled on waking up, since the tools needed
for asserting are available in waking and not in sleep.

> similarly, in NS, it is knowing the advaya , ekaIt rasa ghanam of Brahma
> svarUpa

Same as above.

> so, I understand this very knowing (परमार्थदर्शिनां) is the happiness
> (Ananda - yo *vai bhUmA* tat *sukham*) attributed during NS ( which one
> recalls / recollected after coming out of NS).
>
> In a way, yes. One's knowing well that one is bhUma leads to happiness,
since there is no deshataH, kAlataH, vastutaH paricChedaH then, due to
which one's mind won't engage in craving, the latter being the cause of
keeping one away from svarUpAnanda.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */