[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 04:17:06 CDT 2016

Namaste Praveen,

No, its stands proven.

>> How is this even an argument :D ‎
‎
This is not arthApatti at all! You have just proven my suspicion I mentioned in the last response.

Best wishes.

>> What is arthapatti : when the Vedas say do this yajna and you will go to heaven, we cannot ever ascertain it. But because we are accepting * Shruti as pramana * we have to conclude : it must be so and this is arthapatti (and it's limitation)

What is not arthapatti : If we say a person has not yet arrived, we cannot come to a conclusion as to the what the exact reason is(inconclusive) .

What is absurdity : To make an assumption first and * coming to a conclusion * by arthapatti! (?). Eg: Assuming Ramana as a Jnani, it must be concluded that he must have studied well in his previous birth.

‎Regards
Kripa ‎