[Advaita-l] Ramana Bhagavan - Questions and References

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 13:10:24 CDT 2016

 What are the references for these sayings/incidents by Ramana Bhagavan? I'm (almost) certain that I've read these in various books, but am unable to locate the reference at this time. Please let me know the references for the following if you have them:

1) Bhagavan once said, "Sankara Maths ask the man to perform Karma, but the man wants to let go of Karma!"

2) Muruganar's relative (Dhandapani Swami?) was asked to leave the Ashram - what was the reason? Did he return to the Ashram afterwards?

3) Ramana Bhagavan once said, "There are many places of pleasure in the Arunachala mountain. If this mountain can grant Moksha at the mere thought of It, what is wrong with saying it can also grant pleasures?" (or words to the effect). When was this said, and what is the intention?

4) A devotee asked Ramana once, "Some say that the body is the Self - what should we tell them?"
When was this question asked, and what was Bhagavan's reply?