[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: HOROSCOPE Matching in Hindu Marriages

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Oct 19 22:42:30 CDT 2016

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, really so. That is why i wrote a whole lot of things,which most astrologers don't know, that rashi was used in the pre-Mahabharata times only for Suryodaya lagna. Please read the Ramayana to see why Janaka was particularly careful to choose the marriage time.

Ø     I think what Sri Karthik prabhuji asking is practice of  horoscope matching not about auspicious muhurtham & its time.  For that matter for Sri rAma pattAbhishekaM Sri vasishTa maharshi fixed the time, inspite of that we know the result.  jAtaka parisheelan involves tallying the amsha / bhAva / janma kundali of both vadhu and vara (bride and bride groom) and checking whether out of 36 guNa-s how many guNa-s are matching etc.  For this type of horoscope matching Sri Karthik prabhuji asking for the reference in ancient works. Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji may throw more light on this issue I believe.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!

bhaskar