[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Re: HOROSCOPE Matching in Hindu Marriages

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 13:13:20 CDT 2016

Dear Bhashkarji,

I would reaffirm that what I wrote is really really so.

Now, coming to your objection, please confirm if you have really seen  the planetary positions in the natal horoscope of  mother Sita. I could not find that in the Ramayana. I know only that she was found as a new-born baby, by Janaka in a field. The Ramayana gives the details of Lord Ram's horoscope only. Under such a situation, how can Karthikji ever think of horoscope matching of Lord Ram and Mother Sita? To my understanding, it is obvious, that  Janaka found that the position of one graha in Lord Rama's horoscope, was adverse to their married life, even though it was in its own house (in svashthaana). That is why Janaka got their marriage solemnized under a particular nakshatra, to mitigate the ill effects, to the extent possible.

Now one more point, I wish to add, which probably many astrologers are not aware of. Astrology is not fatalistic and it is not meant to predict things and sit tight, waiting for things to happen. A  good astrologer always thinks of the ways and means to reduce the adverse effects seen in the horoscope of the people concerned.

Regards,
Sunil KB