[Advaita-l] Why did Krishna said that he was unable to repeat Gita?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 00:36:02 CDT 2016

Lord Krishna did not forget Gita. How cam he? Please do not go by the translation and better read what the Lord said to Arjuna as given in the Sanskrit verses.

If Lord Krishna were to repeat the Gita he would have to show the Vishvaroopa too. In Vishvaroopa, the  Lord appears before Arjuna, not in the  human form of Krishna, but being YOGA-YUKTA  (by taking recourse to Yoga) he showed up to Arjuna as the Supreme entity and Arjuna also could see that only with the divine eyes given by the Lord to Arjuna. As repeating all that was not considered essential for the second time, the Lord told him  clearly that he would not be able to repeat the discourse again. What Arjuna needed, in fact,  was what was delivered to him in the form of the Anugita.

Regards,
skb