[Advaita-l] Supremacy of Shiva over Vishnu

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:03:28 CDT 2016

Pranams Subramanian ji,

I checked commentary of Adi Sankara on Kena Upanishad bhashya. In Gita
PRess Hindi Translation it is messed. The commentaries of verses 3-5 are
mixed. pada and vAkya bhAshya-s of verses are not consistent with either
English translation at wisdomlab

http://www.wisdomlib.org/hinduism/book/kena-upanishad-shankara-bhashya/d/doc145042.html

or in Sitarama's English Translation.

https://archive.org/details/upanishadssrisan00sita

(Page 48-50).

In Both English Translation, verse under context is Kena Up. 1.4 and not
1.5.

Please can you confirm the exact verse no.

Maybe, they have referred to Anandagiri's tika on Kena Up. Bhashya where
verses 4-6 are combined.

https://archive.org/details/KenaUpanishadWithShankaraBhasyaAndAnandagiriTika

Pl. confirm

OM

Sujal

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 6:52 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <