[Advaita-l] Paul Hacker's erroneous view

D Gayatri dgayatrinov10 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:24:54 CDT 2016

//Why
would a 'Vaishnava' Shankara, as per Paul Hacker, bear the name of the
creator Shiva?//

First of all Paul Hacker only implies that Shankara has affinity to
vaishnavism. Secondly, there is no rule that vaishnavas cannot bear the
name of Shiva. Gaudiyas consider Shiva himself as the best vaishnava!

On Saturday, 3 September 2016, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <