[Advaita-l] Vishnu,Shiva and other things.

Murali S muralivenkat67 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 08:37:09 CDT 2016

A person with my mandha buddhi can comment on only certain things.

1)Why should anyone use a female name that too 'Gayatri' to do
vidandavaadham.
2)Sadananda ji is a vaishnava by birth(by his admission).Theres no reason
why Sankara could not have been a devotee of Vishnu as a 'person'.So many
of our members say Hari Om,Hari Bol,etc.
3)Shri Abhinava Vidyathirtha Mahaswami was a great devotee of Lord
Narasimha.Vruddha Narasimha Bharathi Swaminaha was a devotee of Lord
Narasimha.Acharyal Sri Bharathi thirtha Swaminaha has said one can be a
great devotee of Sri Rama,Sri Krishna.I have seen Acharyal invoking
Narayana smarana while ending anugraha bhashanam.I have seen him invoking
Bhujanga sayana Sriman Narayana as supreme.Acharyal everyday does
Chandramouleeswara Puja.Sri Chandrasekhara Bharathi Swaminaha according to
the "Saint of Sringeri" said Vishnu in Vaikunta and Kshirasaagara are
Utkrishta Vibhuthis of Saguna Brahmam.
4)Some Iyengars want to believe that "their Perumaal" is supreme.They want
to believe 'their' god Vishnu is the Creator Narayana.Advaitins say Ishwara
and Narayana are one and same but  srivaishnavas insist Narayana is Vishnu.