[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 08:34:25 CDT 2016

Sri Sujal Ji,

Reg your observation

<< As I have said, if there are no desires, there cannot be ego, mind is
naturally destroyed. It is mentioned in Viveka chudamani that destruction
of desires is nothing but liberation. After mind is destroyed, Jnana
springs forth by itself, without any time delay, without any effort.

Jnana i.e. information of Self from shAstr-s and from guru is different,
but knowing it as direct personal experience is different. Bookish
knowledge is important as it gives us clarity and proper direction.>>

My understanding is that this is not as per Advaita Sidhanta. It has
nothing to do with adhikAri bhEda. Ofcourse it is best to conclude by
agreeing to disagree.

Pranams and Regards