[Advaita-l] How can prANa be Brahman?

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 02:05:47 CDT 2016

Sri Ravi Kiran Ji,

Reg  << Even if one, after attaining jnAna and isolates oneself from all
activities, to practically all the time
enjoy the “bliss of Brahman”, how is it possible to not allow the arising
of any vRttis ( pain or sorrow or any other ),
when the physical form itself is subjected to illness or pain to the point
that, one is no longer able to perform any of
the vAsanAkShaya or manonAsha (or samAdhi) practices ? >>,

It is not necessary to continue performing any  vAsanAkShaya or manonAsha
(or samAdhi) practices for ever. Once  vAsanAkShaya or manonAsha  fructify
no further effort or sAdhana are needed to maintain them. They
automatically endure. Just like any upAsana. sAdhana is needed till
sAkshAtkAra. Subsequently it just endures.

Any number of examples can be quoted from our shastra literature about
persons who have successfully achieved  not allowing  the arising of any
vRttis ( pain or sorrow or any other ) other than BrahmAkara vritti. Sri
Modak in his Sanskrit commentary on JMV which can be accessed at the
Anandashrama web site lists a whole lot of them. Even in recent history we
have Sri Sadashiva Brahmendra Saraswati, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Jagadguru Sri
Chandrashekhara Bharati Mahaswamigal of Sringeri Mutt etc. It is not
necessary that all of us should  believe that every one of these
personalities achieved it. I am sure each one of us will find at least one
or two names in this list about whom we have no doubt about such being the
case. There is absolutely no  reason to suspect that such a state is
impossible to be in.