[Advaita-l] QUESTION ON THARPANA&SRADHA

Sudhakar Kabra sudhakarkabra at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 21:57:54 CDT 2016

Just to add to Raviji's questions...
Trying to reply with what I understand/

1) Do we perform Shraad for removing pitru dosha?  If yes,  what causes
pitru dosha in the first place? Despite doing Shraad,  how does pitru dosha
come?
>>Strictly speaking it is not a dosha but a riNa. There are five kinds of riNa a man gets during his birth like - Rishi riNa, Dev Rina, Manushya riNa etc. One of them is Pitru riNa and this is repaidwhile doing Shraad.

2) Can pitru dosha be removed permanently?
>>It cannot be said that Pitru riNa is removed in complete. The reason being no one can access his sanchita karma and say that the karmic load has been decreasing / increasing.Shraad by word is a belief and one must go by it.

3) When one performs Shraad,  how many generations ate we addressing?
>>Normally three generations but a reference is for seven generations as well.In the Prahlad episode the lord tells that your seven generations will be benefited by your tapas and act. Prahalad wanted his friends to come with him to the abode of the lord,but when he asked no-one was willing to come.
>>So a realised soul has a mahat but because of individual karma others remain bound at their level.

>>Note: I cannot provide any reference of Purana or sloka to substantiate the above.Other learned members may add / provide it.

RegardsSudhakar Kabra

RegardsLakshman Velayutham

1) Do we perform Shraad for removing pitru dosha?  If yes,  what causes
pitru dosha in the first place? Despite doing Shraad,  how does pitru dosha
come?
2) Can pitru dosha be removed permanently?
3) When one performs Shraad,  how many generations ate we addressing?

Regards

Lakshman Velayutham

On 13 Sep 2016 4:24 pm, "Ravi Chandrasekhara via Advaita-l" <