[Advaita-l] What is the difference between Maya and avidhya ?T

Ravi Kiran ravikiranm108 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 12:57:55 CDT 2016

Namaste,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Raghav Kumar <raghavkumar00 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste
> In 'sadeva saumya idam agre AsIt' chandogya 6th chapter  the word ' sat'
> denotes kAraNam brahma not nirguNa brahma devoid of all upadhi-s (
> nitya-shuddha- buddha-mukta svarUpam brahma).

the bhAshya says

सदेव सदिति अस्तितामात्रं वस्तु सूक्ष्मं निर्विशेषं सर्वगतमेकं निरञ्जनं
निरवयवं विज्ञानम्,

Is it not clearly paramArthika sat mentioned before creation ?

How it is possible to admit avidyA in paramArthika sat before creation ?

नामरूपक्रियावद्विकृतमुपलभ्यते -  The creation itself is nAma rUpa vishesha
superimposed on adhiSThAna sat (result of avidyA)