[Advaita-l] Ramana Maharshi - Advaitin or Neo Advaitin?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 07:27:49 CDT 2016

Namaste Kripaji,

I wouldn't have replied to this since we kind of closed the discussion
earlier on, but for my name being mentioned. I just reply to a little more
than that line alone. :)

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Kripa Shankar <kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Some great points of grave import presented by SrimaLalitalalitah.

True, unlike the points made without basis. Wiki quotes don't count.

> Praveen, like many others are trying to defend Ramana

True.

> as if it's an assault on Ramana s character, which clearly is not(it's
> also irrelevant) .

Not true. Your usage of words such as what he ate, etc, could be construed
as an assault, especially since that was not only irrelevant, it was also
untrue.

> But I am baffled to see that when Shruti pramana is neglected, in other
> words when the Shruti is under assault, no one takes offence!

I hope you meant somewhere else because shruti-pramANa is very well
defended, at least on this list. Please don't mix this up when you name me,
lest it be misunderstood. :)

‎ Just wanted to add one more point. I was watching a video of Bharati
> teertha swami delivering a lecture in Tamil. There he categorically stated
> that Sringeri Mutt never acknowledges anyone outside of the Mutt

but a pramada (an exception) to this rule was when one of the great swamis
> (can't recall the name sorry) acknowledged Sadashiva Brahmendra. It is on
> YouTube.

Not a proving fact of anything, as we have seen Kanchi Paramacharya
acknowledging something didn't help. Nonetheless, a link might interest
others, since I don't know Tamil.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */