[Advaita-l] GunAtIta and jIvanmukta

Sujal Upadhyay sujal.u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:00:37 CDT 2016

Namaste Sri Chandramouli ji,

*As far as I understand,  samAdhi in Yoga ShAstra refers to elimination of
vritti itself whereas in advaita, samAdhi refers to  holding the vritti
steady on Brahman. While NS and asamprajnAta samAdhi are synonymous terms
in advaita, both of them are different from the term samAdhi employed in
Yoga Shastra.

If vritti still remains, how can there be advaita? There is the one who is
holding vritti still. Please explain.

Hari OM
Sujal

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 3:13 PM, H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <