[Advaita-l] World is mind alone: Shankara

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Aug 1 07:47:24 EDT 2017

Dear Sri Subramanian,
 You write :"The world and the mind appear simultaneously."Then, WHAT exists prior to the appearance of the world and mind which appear simultaneously?IS THAT the source for both of them from which they appear?Is IT the material cause for both the mind and world? If it is so the world can never be mind, it is IT only, is it not so? Please permit me to draw your kind attention to the kAryakAraNAnanyatvanyAya. Sri Shankara writes in his commentary to  Sutra 2-1-6 hus: prapaMcasya brahmaprabhavatvAt kAryakAraNAnanyanyAyEna brahmAvyatirEkaH ||

     From the above can the conclusion that mind is Brahman only and the world is Brahman only be drawn? Please enlighten me on this.Thanking you,With respectful namaskars,Sreenivasa Murthy