[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Aug 1 08:18:48 EDT 2017

praNAms Sri Aditya Kumar prabhuji
hare Krishna

Apologies if I have attacked SSS personally, it was just an observation that he is very harsh on Mandana. In fact most of the scholars think Mandana was different and Sureshwara was different except one (forgot the name). Of course, the tradition says both are same (Madhaviya Shankara Vijaya? not sure). Apparently there is a difference between Mandana and Vachaspati also in that, Mandana advocates jnana-karma samucchaya and Vachaspati rejects it. Too many books, too many views, too many scholars, too many opinions. I am not sure if I have even understood the basics correctly. So far, applied hamsa-ksheera nyaya, accepting only what seems rational. So far, Vachaspati seems like a reliable person.

Ø     Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  Will it be possible to list out the differences between bhAmati and mandana’s brahmasiddhi??  This can be done from those who are familiar with both works and reconcile bhAmati prakriya with that of shankara prakriya.  That would be an interesting reading I reckon.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar