[Advaita-l] is this jagat mithyA ?? Sri SSS

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 04:45:51 EDT 2017

Namaste Sreenivasaji,

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 6:14 AM, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <

> " To someone who is aware of these bhāṣya instances, Sri SSS's
> conclusion -* the world, as Brahman, is satya alone* - is squarely not
> agreeable."   Mundaka Sruti says : brahmaivEdaM viSvaM variShTham
> ||Chandogya Sruti says : ahamEvEdagM sarvam|| , AtmaivEdaGm sarvam || and
> AtmatOidagM sarvam ||Do you with these statements? In  what way HH
> Swamiji's statement is different from the Sruti mantras?Kindly enlighten me.

​If Swamiji meant that statement as bAdhasAmAnAdhikaraNyam (bAdhyAyAM/
bAdhena sAmAdhikaraNyam), then it is the same. If not, its different. And
since SSS followers themselves seem to have different interpretations,
there is scope for benefit of doubt. Interestingly, for those who say that
nothing other than bhashya is needed are themselves at odds as to what
Swamiji meant; quite an irony indeed!

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​