[Advaita-l] is this jagat mithyA ?? Sri SSS

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 06:08:22 EDT 2017

Namaste Subbuji,

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM, V Subrahmanian via Advaita-l <

> Good to see the above. Yet, why do some people give the impression that SSS
> did not subscribe to the idea 'jagat is mithyā'? Your explanation of his
> words in the earlier post only shows that even his short article is
> vyākhyāna-sāpekṣa. That standalone article can give an impression that I
> got.

​Without really interpreting what SSS said, those people give the
impression of jagatsatyatva. This jagat satyatva is not sampradAya's
kevalAdvaita at all, but so-called "shuddhAdvaita", which is really
"shuddha dvaita"! :)

By the three sets of words adhyasya, satyAnRte mithunIkRtya and
lokavyavahAra, adhyAsa bhAshya talks of anAdi series of saMskAra of adhyAsa
and anubhava since all three words mean only adhyAsa! Read literally, it
would mean adhyasya, adhyasya, adhyAsa bhavati!! Without the vyAkhyAnakAras
there would be all sorts of misunderstandings that we see. Ratnaprabha
clarifies further, after saying that Bhagavan Bhashyakara shows that it is
anAdi, that real pramAjanya saMskAra is not needed, but only anubhavajanya
saMskAra! If the saMskAra is anubhavajanya and adhyAsa is due to
anubhavajanya saMskAra and so on, how does one prove that something is
really created outside?! Hence, Bhagavatpadacharya says "Atmani" "bahir
iva", "pashyati", "kAryakAraNatayA", etc.

​gurupAdukAbhyAm
,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */