[Advaita-l] Are the Lord's bodies too ephemeral?

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 16 23:33:38 EDT 2017

Simply put: Yes. If they weren't ephemeral, we could actually see Rama and Krishna walking around today :-)

Seriously, the Mahabharata speaks of Krishna letting go of his physical body using "Maha-Yoga"!

The difference between the Jivas' and Ishvara's bodies is that the former is born via Karma, whereas the latter via Yoga.