[Advaita-l] DSV in the advaitasiddhi: adhyAsa is substantiated

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 04:57:32 EDT 2017

Is there not a niyama accepted in Advaita that 'सर्वोऽपि भ्रमः प्रमा वा
ब्रह्मण्येव अध्यस्तत्वेन अभ्युपगमः ? [whether it is pramā (right cognition)
or bhrama (error), it is a superimposition on Brahman alone].  That is why
even when the shukti is revealed bhramabādhakāle, it is shuktyavacchinnam
brahma that is revealed. I think this aspect also is covered by the
Advaitasiddhi. The Taittiriyopanishad passage: सत्यं च अनृतं च सत्यमभवत्
[Satyam Brahman alone 'became' the vyavaharika and prātibhāsika] supports
this.

regards
subbu

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Praveen R. Bhat via Advaita-l <