[Advaita-l] Vsheshana and Lakshana

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 01:28:49 EST 2017

On 17 Dec 2017 08:41, "Rajesh Benjwal" <rbenjwal at gmail.com> wrote:

My point is
​we​
cannot
​ ​
just
say anantam is lakshana of  brahma. As there is ativyApti dosha as
ध्वंसाभाव is also अनन्तम्. So you must add some other conditions or
qualifications.
​ ​
So either you add bhAvrupam or sat or .............It is necessary to
remove ativyApti dosham.

Same way we cannot say anaadi is lakshna because there is again ativyApti
dosha. So a combination is required.

Since Brahman is not a karya, produced entity, there is no kaala pariccheda
for it. There is no beginning for it. On the other hand, pradhvamsaabhaava
has a beginning, even though it has no anta. Hence there is no ativyapti in
pradhvamsa when we say Brahman is Anantha.

Thanks