[Advaita-l] Fwd: A question on PariNAma and vivarta

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:59:58 EST 2017

Namaste Sreenivasa Maharaj,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 7:58 PM, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <

> A lot of interesting exchange of postings is taking place amongst the
> eminenet scholars of this group.Has anyone tried to put this question to
> oneself : " Am I a vivarta or a pariNAma?"

That is THE precise question being discussed here. Whenever kAraNa is
discussed, it is always to lead to the sarvakAraNAnAM kAraNam. I'd be
surprised if you put that question to yourself and it led you elsewhere!

> I am sure it will be an interesting subject and an answer to this
> question  may provide a clue to the problem that is being presently
> discussed.

Either you have a topsyturvy approach or we do, since my understanding is
that the clues in these kind of discussions lead you to the answer to the
question and not the other way around! Of course, you are the better judge
for yourself.