[Advaita-l] Prathipasika satyam

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 04:53:31 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>

> >  sometimes, a punching quote  from novel, a punching dialogue from our
> favorite hero, a punching line of a song could prompt us to dive deep into
> the truth embedded in those lines, its all depends on the saMskAra what we
> have...And an uttama adhikAri can get the realization / svarUpa jnana from
> those lines who knows??   paramahaMsa rAmakrishna used to get samAdhistiti
> after hearing some vyAvahArika daily usage word which is remotely related
> to the 'truth'...

A word that mesmerized Ramana was 'Arunachala'. That word triggered his
quest for the truth and revolutionized his personality.

//
Arunachala

It was apparently by accident that Venkataraman heard about Arunachala when
he was sixteen years of age. One day an elderly relative called on the
family in Madurai. The boy asked him where he had come from. The relative
replied 'From Arunachala'. The very name 'Arunachala' acted as a magic
spell on Venkataraman, and with evident excitement he put his next
question, 'What! From Arunachala! Where is it?' And he got the reply that
Tiruvannamalai was Arunachala.//

Read more here: http://www.arunachala.org/ramana/life/

regards
subbu