[Advaita-l] Prathipasika satyam

Venkatachalapathi G gvpathi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:01:46 EST 2017

Thanks a lot.

This answer gives me to contemplate some directions / correlation towards
why the linking of vedantic view in cinema songs.

1. Agree that the Gyana will not come from such songs / music.
2. After getting *some* Gyana relating such songs to vedanta -  An
observation from my end.
3. Even though it is not source of knowledge, correlating observation -
Used the term Prathibhasica Satyam.  -  learned from Bhaskarji that more
causal connecting word is vasana. may be vedantic vasana.
4. (one of the ) Cause of correlation - one more view - during vedantic
sravana gave more importance to upamana - by example learning.  Still
guessing the need for upamana based learning may be due to sruthi pramanam
in sanskrit and the need to correlate with my cultural brought-up -
experiential knowledge.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Venkatesh Murthy via Advaita-l <