[Advaita-l] Incidents from the life of a Mahātmā

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Feb 27 22:56:17 EST 2017

Acharyal informed me, “When I saw that Brahmachari, I was struck with his sincerity. So, I requested Ambal, ‘Please provide him the answers he desires now itself.’ The kind of sincerity that this spiritual aspirant has deserves to be rewarded.” When I submitted to Acharyal what the Brahmachari had said, Acharyal joined His palms and said, “Ambal is so gracious.”

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Thanks for sharing.  I have read  similar incidents like this in bhagavAn ramaNa maharshi' biography as well.  At his Ashram lot of jignAsu-s had come with plenty of doubts but went out completely satisfied and contended without even asking the questions but after having the divya sAnidhya and darshana of bhagavAna ramaNa maharshi.  gurOstu mouna vyAkhyAnaM shishyAstu china saMshayaH, only an able shishyA can grasp this mouna vyAkhyAna.

Anyway, whenever I read incidents like this, my inquisitive mind starts asking the question : whether the questions themselves got dissolved in the mind of the shishyA or he got the 'answer' to his questions...For example, if the jignAsu has some doubt on some shAstra vAkya and wanted to ask that..after having the darshan if he says that he does not have any doubt, that means that whether he knows the correct vAkyArtha by the grace of god / guru or that saMshaya itself vanished ??  that is not clear atleast to me.  Perhaps that is the reason,  geetAchArya warns saMshayAtma-s like me, saMshayAtma vinashyati :-)

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar