[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Works of Sri Vidyashankara

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 00:11:04 CST 2017

Dear Venkatraghavanji,

Good you could get the paper. I however agree with Prof. Karmarkar. Further it appears to me that the  the Bhagavadgita-bhashya was written by the great scholar Sri Shankara (Nava-Sankara, whom many advaitins consider as an incarnation of Adi Shankara). Shakara (also called Nava-Shankara or Abhinava Shankara)  lived in the 8th/9th century CE and he refuted the Bhagavadgita-bhshya of Bhaskar, who lived in the 8th century CE.

Regards,
Sunil K. BHattacharjya