[Advaita-l] Dashavataras as per Harivamsha

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:05:28 CST 2017

On Jan 7, 2017 1:18 AM, "Kripa Shankar" <kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Namaste Subramanian,
>
> To my knowledge, there is no mention of Buddha at all in the Mahabharata.
>
> Almost in every chapter of the Mahabharata, the Vedic yajnas are given
utmost importance as can be seen in the Gita as well. Further, the
definition of Ahimsa is starkly different in the Vedas /MB. For eg, harsh
speech is also considered as himsa as per Shastras. So Vishnu getting up
from yoga nidra and donning an avatara to oppose everything that is held
sacred in the Vedas is just not sane.

Here there is a proposal for two Buddhas:

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/were_there_two_buddhas.htm

Madhvas believe in Buddha avatars.

Regards
vs