[Advaita-l] Dashavataras as per Harivamsha

Kripa Shankar kripa.shankar.0294 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:18:57 CST 2017

Sunil,

Like I have been repeating myself, we cannot refer to Buddhist documents as they are highly unreliable. More over, there is no such mention of Buddha 0.1 (let alone claims of Ikshwaku lineage) in any of the Puranas, MB, Raghuvamsha or rajatarangini. This view that Buddha was an avatar is only limited to the Vaishnava cult. Further, there are many who don't subscribe to this view. Barring all this, we have clear evidence in Harivamsha regarding the list of avatAras.

Neither Shankara nor Gaudapada nor anyone in the Vedantic school acknowledged Buddha 0.1 (as prof ‎of Upanishads). They simply reject the view in one line. So should we rely on inference based on clear evidence or some fairy tales imagined by the heretics.

As you too seem to think that colonial historians distorted the facts, we cannot accept one thing and reject another. We can be sure of the facts only when everyone accepts the same source of texts to be proof. We can't rely on cult scriptures or documents filled with glaring mistakes /lies to decide the historical  account for everyone. ‎
‎
You said : ‎Buddha means Jnani and Buddhists believe that there were many jnanis before Lord Buddha. ‎

Do they also believe that Buddha was originally a Vaidik? Or the very followers of Buddha including his very own chelas are deluded due to some strange reason? Do you also think that they are demons,  because according to the Vaishnava view which you are upholding, Buddha took his birth to delude the demons :D ‎

I too read some where that sai baba was an avatar of Dattatreya. I also read some where that there is someone named kalki who claims himself to be an incarnation of Vishnu. Both of them are money swindlers, however. Radhakrishnan was a politician and not a scholar. Otherwise, we will have to start accepting Nehru as an authority on these matters.

Regards
Kripa ‎
‎
Vyasaya Vishnu roopaya Vyasa roopaya Vishnave
Namo vai Brahma nidhaye Vasishtaya namo namaha