[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 04:53:57 CST 2017

You seem have a few misconceptions. Yes, after brahma saakShaatkaara a
"fall" is possible. Sankara says that the person should take up sannyaasaa
and become a parivraajaka immediately AFTER saakShaatkaara to avoid this.
This has been discussed extensively in the list before. No you cannot
identify a person as a jiivanmukta or not, I.e., an "objective" test is not
available. That is indeed one of the ideas expressed by the dharmavyAdha
story or the R^ibhu story in the Vishnu purana.

Furthermore I suggest that you spend some time in introspection on the
anger you are displaying towards Ramana and his followers. Perhaps he
wasn't a jiivanmukta, so what part of their behavior is creating so much
agitation in you?

Rama

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 9:06 AM Kripa Shankar via Advaita-l <