[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

sreenivasa murthy narayana145 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Jan 15 20:53:34 CST 2017

Dear Sri Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan,      You write : "Yes, after brahma saakshaatkaara a "fall" is possible."Is a "fall" possible after brahma saakshaatkara? Please study the following excerpt and share your observations .Quote : :Be very direct and simple with this.‘Presence’ is not something you move into and out of. That would be dualism.Such a dualism leaves your assumed separation from that intact. That will get youanother five to ten years of needless seeking and suffering! What I amreferring to is the fact of your being, your fundamental existence. You arethis. It is not something you move into and out of. That notion hangs on theassumption of the reality of the separate ‘I’. But you are not such a separateone at all. You are the one present and aware always.[John Wheeler; Clear In Your Heart; Page 172]
Unquote.    Mantra 2-5-19 of Bruhadaranyaka Upanishad says : ayamAtmA brahma sarvAnuBUH ||Sri Shankara says : AtmA hi nAma svarUpam ||   When am 'I'  different and separate from brahman ? Is it ever possible ?Please study the above excerpt in the light of relevant upanishad mantras and Sri Shankara's teachings . Then you please share your observations and findings.With respectful amaskaram,Sreenivasa Murthy