[Advaita-l] Tasya bhaasaa sarvam idam vibhaati

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 01:31:58 CST 2017

PraNAms and thanks for all the comments.
Tasya bhaasaa sarvam idam vibhaati.

I use the same light principle to explain the reflections of sat - chit -ananda aspects.
1. The all pervading light cannot be recognized without a reflecting medium present.
2. The while light has several primary colors - VIBGYOR - from violet to Red.

3. Even though the same while light is falling on different objects, some look Red, some blue, some white , etc.

4. Red object looks red because the its structure is such that the material absorbs all other colors leaving only Red color which gets reflected. Similarly other colors and also combination of the colors.
5. Applying the same principle, pure SAT CHIT ANANDA (Brahman) cannot be RECOGNIZED without the object reflecting it.
6. The object appear as inert since only SAT get reflected by those objects.
7. To reflect CHIT also we need a subtle material - Hence only the Mind can reflect both SAT and CHIT. Hence it exits and also by reflecting CHIT it appears as conscious entity. Just like non-luminous moon appears to  be luminous entity in the sky by reflecting sunlight. However ANANDA is not reflected.
8. For ANANDA also to get reflected you need the mind to be calm and serene - Then all the three aspects SAT CHIT and ANANDA are reflected. This happens a)  during deep-sleep state - b) also during moments of happiness when the objects of desire are fulfilled.

9. In the sushupti or deep-sleep case, there is not triputi since mind is folded - folded mind is called Anandamaya kosha. Hence experience of the absence of suffering is there but not recognition until the mind is unfolded with ego-claiming that happy state as I slept very well - along with the absence of any knowledge of subject-object duality. These aspects are exhaustively discussed in the 11th Ch. of Panchadashi.

10 Now even in vishayaananda - same should be applied. In the moments of happiness - we say - I am happy - not I have happiness. In the moments of happiness the mind is quite and peaceful since the longing mind or mind that was agitated is now quietened. At those moments - also - I think there is no tripuTi - that I  am experiencer of this happiness. When the ego which is in the background manifests with the tripuTi, the happiness is not there since mind is busy claiming that happiness.

11. For ajnaani, due to lack of the knowledge that ego itself is not really real. the happiness experienced attributed to the experiencial happiness with intensity of experience related to the intensity of the desire fulfilled.

12. A jnaani understands that the happiness comes one's own self. He recognizes that I am full as I am and therefore no longing for object oriented happiness. However He also enjoys the later when it comes - but recognizes that it is His own fullness that is getting reflected in the mind when vishyaananda happens.
13. The subtlest part is - He has to recognize even the brahmaanda using the  mind only (upahita chaitanya). He knows that I am  not the mind but  even that knowledge has to occur in the mind only. Of course we are referring to always  the mind with chidaabhaasa since mind cannot but reflect chit aspect as long as it is there.

14. These aspects have been discussed extensively in the talk series and Advaita Academy is now posting them on the yu-tube under Acharya Sadaji - for those who are interested.

Hari Om!Sadananda