[Advaita-l] Dayanand Saraswathi interview - Very interesting stand taken by Swami

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jan 23 03:43:55 CST 2017

praNAms Sri Kripa Shankara prabhuji
Hare Krishna

So it is indeed possible for sages to have a yogic vision and only such personages of extraordinary sight (a Rishi) can conclude if a person who hasn't followed any rules of conduct(if there is such a one)  is a jnani or not. ‎ In such cases, the answer will be a certain yes or a no. Because the Rishis don't say anything worthless even in jest. All these examples are such. As for the ajnanis are concerned, we have to follow either of the paths. If someone claims that I became a jnani just like that or if even the whole world says so, we have to resort to shastras alone for conclusions.  If we start building castles in the air, such a sophisticated system of Vedanta will fall flat on it s face and merge with the nAstika school of nondualism.

>  Consider that I have agreed...but now kindly explain, how ramaNa maharshi is the 'odd man' out from these equations.  So that we would have more clarity on jnAni-hood in general and jnana nishtA status of ramaNa in particular.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar