[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 13:15:41 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 10:02 PM, Aditya Kumar via Advaita-l <

> I am not in favour of Dasgupta because he was the favourite of westerners,
> but because his arguments are reasonable (Yukti). I have no affiliation
> with western scholars or Dasgupta. Even if we speak of tradition, neither
> Misra nor the Vivarana school supports DSV.

While Shankara Bhashya itself is there for the countless instances of DSV,
you are claiming something that is not based on study under a qualified
Acharya. If you have studied the Shankara Bhashyas properly, you would not
have started this thread.

> So in that sense even Prakasananda and Madhusudana Saraswati can be
> considered to be only scholars only on the sidelines.
> Pls see this : http://www.kamakoti.org/kamakoti/articles/Preceptors%
> 20of%20Advaita%20-%2035.html
> So even the tradition is saying that Prakasananda missed the mark.
> Shankara has also said this - That a thousand shruti statements cannot make
> fire cold!

Shankara has said this in respect of what is decisively known by pratyaksha
cannot be annulled by the shruti. You are applying that to a wrong
situation. Krishna in the BG has said: samshayaatma vinashyati.
shraddhaavaan labhate jnanam.

> I do respect the tradition. But there is no concrete proof or source for
> DSV from tradition. The only available work is the Siddhanta Muktavali.

Since you have not cared to do a proper research you make the above shallow
claim. In the English book 'Sridakshinamurti stotram' Vol. I, published by
the Sringeri Sharada Peetham, pages 217 onwards has a very detailed
discussion of the Ekajivavada which is also known as the DSV. You can see a
wide variety of authors/works cited there, apart from the Vedanta siddhanta
muktavali.

regards
vs