[Advaita-l] Debunking Drishti-Srishti Vada and Eka Jiva Vada - part 1

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 08:28:37 EDT 2017

Namaste,

Not correct. DSV is shown in Sankara Bhashyas and Mandukya Karikas also. It
is shown in Bhamati also but with NJV. SiddhantaBindu cannot be wrong on
this. You may be reading Vichara Sagara wrongly also. Where exactly in VC
kindly point out.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 at 4:53 PM, H S Chandramouli via Advaita-l <

> > The discussion on DSV has so far considered that Swami Vidyaranya has
> > endorsed the same in his commentary on  कौषीतकि उप(kauShItaki upa.) in
> > his अनुभूतिप्रकाश (anubhUtiprakAsha). Swami Vasudeva Brahmendra
> > Saraswati, in his Sanskrit book Vichara Sagara, has discussed Swami
> > Vidyaranya’s version as discussed in Panchadasi (which is the same as in
> > Anubhutiprakasha). Ref book page 209, adobe page 312. According to him,
> the
> > version presented by Swami Vidyaranya is only a different interpretation
> of
> > SDV only and not DSV (either of the two versions) !!!  I am not sure if
> > Swami Paramarthananda has reached upto this stage in his ongoing
> discourses
> > on Vichara Sagara. Anyone following the same may please clarify  and also
> > inform what he has to say on the subject. If confirmed, then the
> > understanding that Swami Vidyaranya has endorsed DSV
> > ​
> > (any version)
> > ​
> > would not be correct.