[Advaita-l] World is mind alone: Shankara

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 15:15:32 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 9:43 AM, sreenivasa murthy via Advaita-l <

> Dear Friends,   Clarification for the following questions is requested
> :     (1) Does the mind exist prior to the appearance of the world?     (2)
> If the world is mind only , then why there is distinction and difference
> between mind
>           and matter which is perceptible?     (3) Do the mind and the
> world appear simulteneously?    ( 4) If the world is mind only then this
> doctrine comes under the category of IDEALISM,
>           is it not so?  I have a request :the replies should be facts
> which can be verified by all. PLEASE,NO QUOTATIONS FROM OLD TEXTS LIKE
> YOGAVASISHTA etc.

The requirement of "verification of facts by all" presupposes the mind,
does it not? Not only one mind, it presupposes the presence and independent
operation of multiple minds, does it not?

How can your questions be answered impartially then?

Best regards,
Vidyasankar