[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Did an Advaitin plot to murder Ramanuja?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jun 2 07:48:01 EDT 2017

As the story goes, Ramanuja and his cousin (forgot his name) were students of Yadava Prakasha - there was little debate in terms of the epistamological meaning of what Pundareekaaksha word means. Yadava Prakasha gave meaning that sounded like demeaning and Ramanuja could not stand and he corrected his teacher.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

If I remember right it is shankara’s upamAna for the ‘red eyes’ of vishNu, Sri rAmAnuja raised objection since the upamAna is, he thought  condescending the ‘eyes’ of the mahAvishNu.  Shankara I think compared the red eyes with kapi prushta bhAga.  I think we have discussed this earlier as well.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar