[Advaita-l] Regarding Padmanabhaswamy

Venkateswaran N E venkatne2011 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 09:59:25 EDT 2017

The is another beautiful Vishnu lying on Ananta, carved out of a monolith
rock at
Budha Nilakanta near Kathmandu, Nepal.

Here the Vishnu faces the sky and not lying one side as the south Indian
vigrahas.

This is believed to belong to 7th century CE, so earlier than Ramanuja.

Check Wikipedia for more details.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budhanilkantha_Temple

Venkateswaran

On 19-Jun-2017 7:26 PM, "Vidyasankar Sundaresan via Advaita-l" <