[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-10 to 1-13

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 17:12:34 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan via Advaita-l <

> On Jun 20, 2017 4:48 PM, "H S Chandramouli" <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Reg  << It is the Veda itself that tells us, atra
> vedA avedAH.>>,
>

> Somehow does not sound comfortable as a response to the dvaitins on the
> current issue. It almost gives the impression that advaita sidhanta depends
> upon vedA being avedA for establishing its  sidhanta,
>

> nAyaM doshaH.
>
> The advaita method depends on the word of the veda that the veda itself
> becomes aveda. This may or may not be a matter of experience for most
> people, but that doesn't matter. The siddhAnta arises naturally from the
> analysis of the experience, as outlined in the veda itself. We do not
> resort to any special interpretation that ends up negating the import of
> the vedavAkya.

In fact AV's interpretation of atra vEda avEdAH does not consider pipplAda's
definition of the term vEda (it is a shrutahAna dOSha)

Also it is illogical in the way that when vedas are said to be sublatable
in mOksha, why they are still continue to exist now? Does it mean nobody in
AV sampradAya ever attained mOxa so far?

/sv