[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-511 to 1-524

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 04:52:54 EDT 2017

Namaste Anandji,

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Anand Hudli via Advaita-l <

> On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 2:25 AM, kuntimaddi sadananda via Advaita-l <
> Just to make a quick couple of observations based on what you wrote, the
> Vedanta paribhAShA deals with the topic of "dhArAvAhikabuddhi" and says
> that if there is a series of cognitions resulting from perceiving an
> object, it should be treated as a single cognition.

​Does this indicate the series of vRttis in seeing any object? For example,
if I keep looking at a ghaTa, there is a ghaTa-vRtti which is momentary,
but another momentary ghaTa-vRtti follows it which is exactly the same in
space, but with a little difference in time, and so on. Are these series of
cognitions considered as a single cognition without the role of smRRiti?

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */​