[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-511 to 1-524

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 05:08:08 EDT 2017

In continuation to my earlier post,

Regarding inclusion or exclusion of smrti as a case of valid knowledge,
notes 1 of the translation by Sri Suryanarayana Shastri has this to say.

Quote  << The author of the present treatise defines prAmAnya in two ways,
so as to provide for the exclusion or the inclusion of smrti.
Non-sublatability is common to both definitions, while novelty comes in,
only where smrti is desired to be ruled out >>   Unquote.

This would appear to indicate that in the version cited in the original
post on the subject, smrti is indeed accepted as a case of valid knowledge.
I am open to correction in this understanding.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>