[Advaita-l] A unique 'attribute' of Sākṣī

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 12:15:02 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 5:06 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reg  << right knowledge of
> the form 'this is a rope and not a snake' arises, that knowledge as well is
> illumined by the sakshi.>>,
>

> Is this not termed “pramatr bhasya” and not “sAkshi bhAsya” ?  I agree
> that the statement only states  “illumined by the sAkshi” and not “sAkshi
> bhAsya” . But taken with the general flow of the post, it is very likely to
> be understood to mean  “sAkshi bhasya”.

Yes, it is sākṣi-bhāsya. Any knowledge that takes place in the mind is
revealed by the sakshi to the person.  कामः सङ्कल्पो विचिकित्साश्रद्धाश्रद्धा
धृतिरधृतिर्ह्रीर्धीर्भीरित्येतत्सर्वं मन एव Br.up.15.2 has 'dhīḥ' which is
knowledge.

> Also the term “pramatr bhAsya” does not find a place at all in the post,
> and the difference between it and “sAkshi bhAsya” is not broughtout at all.
> Is it intended?

Since the post is about the uniqueness of the sakshi, only that has been
considered.

regards
vs