[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-605 to 1-627

Srinath Vedagarbha svedagarbha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 15:29:03 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But for dull minded people the Sruti will first give instructions about
> Saguna Brahma to make them understand Nirguna through Saguna. All the Bheda
> Srutis cannot prove Dvaita because Dvaita is ALREADY KNOWN by Pratyaksha. A
> baby to old man all know they are seeing Dvaita only. We don't expect Sruti
> to come and tell us Dvaita is there in the world.
>

> Then why Bheda Srutis? Because they are leading to Abheda Srutis like
> the Dog is leading to the Lion in the dream. That is the only job they are
> doing. They are not Pramanas for Dvaita.

In one of your previous posting you gave this lion,dogs, dream example.
Thais is good but it is valid ONLY when you know it is a dream. The dogs
and lion themselves are not leading you to realize that they are all part
of the dream.

Think like this -- to start with we do not know prakriya of dogs leading to
a lion is a dream or not. This is the fair  starting point and I believe
you agree with me here. Now, such dogs and lion themselves are not telling
one way or the other. It could be real lion or could be dream lion. Your
knowledge is niShaya only after the fact. If you wake up on the bed then it
is a dream, otherwise it is indeed real lion!

So, given the fact that all we have bEdha and abEdha srutis and that is our
pramANa basis to start with. You cannot say bEdha vAkyas will lead to
abEdha jnAna definitively. It could be that advaita is the final verdict,
but we do not know yet till we wake up to that state. Preaching we will
wake up, is a forward looking statement and wishful thinking. It is like
claiming while dreaming we know that it is a dream and eventually we will
wake up!

/sv