[Advaita-l] Vaadiraaja Teertha's Yuktimallika - Advaita Criticism - Slokas 1-605 to 1-627

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 12:15:20 EDT 2017

Namaste Srinathji,

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 7:15 PM, Srinath Vedagarbha via Advaita-l <

> If difference (between vandyAputra and you) is said to be non-existence,
> then I am afraid either you should be considered as atyanta asta or vandya
> putra should be considered as exactly the self same as you as a real
> person!

​​I particularly do not agree that अत्यन्तासत् object can part of a
comparison, but let me use उष्ट्रलगुडन्याय। ​Lets hypothetically agree that
what you said earlier. Now you say that your brahman is different from
vandhyAputra, right? So I think its fair to say that brahman will be
different from an apparent world as well, which AV presents the case to be.
So just because you know the difference, which you have asserted to be
known even when the world is absolutely unreal, it has no basis to land
that the world exists.

> Regarding the purpose, there are many.... the very lOka vyavahAra with
> sat/asat or bhAvAbhava padArtha-s will cease to exist if one does not
> recognizes the difference.

​Very good. Then if you can have vyavahAra with asat and abhAvapadArtha,
its definitely possible to have such vyavahAra with apparent padArtha, in
which case you shouldn't have any issue with AV calling the world as mithyA.

​gurupAdukAbhyAm
,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */
​