[Advaita-l] Some thoughts on the nature of bliss

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 05:14:34 EST 2017

Pranams Sri Sadananda Ji,

Reg  << The question pertains to the sloka 35 that mentions not only via
his body but body bodies of other all jeevas- perhaps a commentary on the
Tai Up statement - soshnute sarvaan kaaman saH - simultaneously.  In the
swaruupaananda his body and other bodies do not come into picture since in
Brahman there are no bodies. He 'enjoys' swaruupaananda'  in spite of his
BMI limitations. We all understand that aspect.

One can always resort this to just swaruupaananda as a saakshi and leave it
with that. There is no problem in that.

Question was raised only if he enjoys kaama-ananda in all bodies then the
question of how he avoids the duHkham. >>,

Interestingly the quoted shruti itself is very clear on this. The next and
last word in the Taittariya Shruti quoted  * soshnute sarvaan kaaman saH –
simultaneously * is ब्रह्मणा विपश्चित  (brahmaNA vipashchita ) meaning  << as
identified with the all-knowing Brahman >> (translation Swami
Gambhirananda).  Bhashya also is very clear on this, elaborating on the
same theme.

Regards                                             8