[Advaita-l] Sri Haridasa Bhat's Brilliant Presentation of Sat Khyaati Vaada

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 02:32:34 EST 2017

Namaste
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:34 PM, Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l
<advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org> wrote:

> Ø  (a) a thing can be at the same time in the same locus  sat-asat vilakshaNam and
>
> Ø  (b) a thing also in the same locus at the same time i traikAlika atyanta asat as well..

Simple answer - Sadasad Vilakshanam is from Vyavaharika point.
Traikalika Atyanta Asat is from Paramarthika.

> Ø  In (a) the same locus (shukti) one is saying rajata is sat-asat vilakshaNaM (anirvachaneeyaM)  whereas in the (b)  same locus (shukti) rajata is traikAlika atyanta asat..and finally,  declaring both are conveying the same meaning !!  Perhaps an advaitin would agree with these type of explanations since it is from the desk of an advaitin but not certainly a dvaitin.  How can it be logical that that one which is already determined as traikAlika atyanta asat will be  presented as sat-asat vilakshaNam and anirvachaneeyaM as well on the same locus..

You are right. Advaitis can understand the Satta Traividhya of
Paramarthika, Vyavaharika and Pratibhasika. We can argue from three
views. But others get confused and begin accusing us of confusing
them.

>Do you think Sri HaridAsa Bhatta’s brilliant presentation of refutation on sat khyAti vAda accommodates these type of dubious explanations??  I really doubt very much.

Now you are confused. Sri Haridasa Bhatta did not present Advaiti's
position in that video. He is presenting and refuting Sat Khyati Vaada
of Ramanujas only. This is sweet to us because we also do not agree
with Sat Khyaati. We can enjoy his Khandana.  In another video he is
attacking Anirvachaneeya Vaada of Advaitis. We will come to that.
There we can give a fitting reply.

> Ø   Anyway, I am stopping here finally…Kindly don’t expect continuation of this thread from my side as myself not clear about this explanation due to my limitations.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh