[Advaita-l] What can one do when one is dying?

Durga Prasad Janaswamy janaswami at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:05:26 EDT 2017

Student: But what can one do when one is dying and maybe in the first three
days - was looking at - that can happen any time you know?

Master: As I said, it is not what one can do when you're dying. You will
not have any choice because a death experience will be so frightening to
you, it will be so powerful in your mind, you will not be able to do
anything. But, if you've been practicing eliminating the I all of these
years, perhaps you have not come home yet, awakened yet, but you'll be an
advanced devotee and you will not hold on to the I, you will simply smile
as you leave your body and you will realize that you are I-am,
consciousness.

My question: What should a sadhaka (not jnani) be cautious at the time of
death?
I understand it is difficult, but atleast what should I be aware of.