[Advaita-l] Sri Dakshinamurthy Stotra

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Wed May 17 09:55:23 EDT 2017

Namaste Chandramouliji,

Thanks for the links again, I downloaded the books when you shared them
earlier on.

​I know you are not keen to discuss it, so I shall not drag you back, but
since your comments are on the list, I would reply anyway, in case anyone
else is interested please.
​

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 6:42 PM, H S Chandramouli <hschandramouli at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I do not exactly recollect now if they mentioned SDV by name. But they
> have definitely not referred to DSV/EJV.

​Would anyone know if these Swamijis talk of DSV/ EJV anywhere ​in any of
their talks in explaining Srishti prakriya of any work? I haven't come
across them myself.

> Generally speaking, unless otherwise specified, SDV is assumed in all
> advaita talks. Atleast as far as I know.

I do not see why it has to be that way and so I do not agree it is that
way. If its not specifically mentioned, one can explain it using either SDV
or DSV as long as the explanation fits. I can bring in DSV too in almost
all creation stories.

> 1st verse mentions आत्मनि पश्यन् बहिः इव, it also confirms DSV. >>, ​
>
> I believe whatever you have stated applies to SDV as well.

​How so? If one sees the world as-if outside, its not really outside. One
has seen and then they are as if outside. It cannot be SDV, but only DSV.

> I have never so far understood Sri Dakshinamurthy Stotra as representative
> of DSV/EJV !!!

​And me the other way round.​

> ​​
> None of the other sources I have mentioned have thought  it  fit  to
> mention DSV/EJV  in connection with this Stotra. Except Sri Subbaramaiya.
>
> ​One source itself is surprisingly good for me, since very few people talk
about ​DSV. I would say that SDV is talked of as SDV, since DSV is a
possibility too.

Once again, thanks for the references, Chandramouliji, though I might take
a while to read them in toto.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--praveen