[Advaita-l] The deniability of perception

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Mon May 22 11:40:48 EDT 2017

Namaste,

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Srinath Vedagarbha <svedagarbha at gmail.com>
wrote:

> However much I would like to reply on these Advaitasiddhi postings from an
> pUrvapaxin perspective,

​​Madhusudhana Sarasvati was a staunch Dvaitin who studied tarkashAstra
under one of the greatest Nyaya teacher of His time, followed by Advaita
Vedanta in order to refute the latter using tarka! Then He went on to study
Purva Mimamsa to refute the same, yet it couldn't be done. Finally, He was
Himself convinced of Advaita Vedanta and thereby refuted dvaitavAda.
Sufficiently said.​

> I am trying to hold myself off due to the fact that members in this forum
> is not liking such challenges. This is the main reason I did not care to
> reply to recently debated saMvAdi and visaMvAdi bhramas among other
> topics.

Most of us here have a decent idea of how Dvaita groups online treat
someone bringing up advaitavAda there. This group is comparatively much
more lenient.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */