[Advaita-l] Fwd: Rama and Krishna are Jiva-s - Mahabharata

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:27:45 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Kalyan <kalyan_kg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Vidyasankar
>
> Yes, I was a previous member of the list. You can find some of my posts in
> the archives. You can see here for example -
>
> http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2012-February/

I see a new member introduction from a Kalyan in Sep 2011, followed by some
activity from a gmail account with a different username (kalyankc.81)
between Oct 2011 and Feb 2012. After that burst of activity, you seem to
have dropped off the Advaita-L map from March 2012 onward, till now,
resubscribing to the list with a different email ID. At least, I can't find
anything from a Kalyan in the archives over the intervening five years.

There's nothing saying that you shouldn't do this, although I don't quite
recommend it. At the least, when you unsubscribe and resubscribe, you could
be more transparent with the moderators in the new introduction note that
you send us.

> Having said that, I dont believe I have to prove anything to you. You dont
> need to boss around just because you are a moderator.

Ah, there is that attitude again. One of the jobs of a moderator is to keep
the peace among list members. At this point, you certainly need to prove to
us that you can participate in discussions with other members of this list
in a civil manner and that you can express your disagreement with their
views in a measured manner, instead of getting hot under the collar at the
slightest instance. In your responses to various list members in March and
April of 2017, your content and tone seemed designed to make the moderators
of this list pay special attention to you. If you think that is me bossing
you around, you certainly need to rethink your expectations of what is
involved in the moderation of a discussion forum online. You can check with
the 500 others on this list, how much we moderators actually boss them
around.

Seriously, what exactly are you trying to prove with this belligerence of
yours? What do you hope to achieve by rejoining after a hiatus of five
years (assuming you were not on the list in the meantime anyway, under a
different avatar) and immediately picking fights with list members and
moderators?

Vidyasankar